Financial Monitoring Officer for Eastern EuropeERIKS Development Partner
Terms of Reference for the recruitment
A. Presentation of ERIKS Development Partner
ERIKS Development Partner (ERIKS) is a Swedish foundation, promoting the rights of the child. ERIKS works for the children and the world they dream of. In Europe, ERIKS is working in three countries: Belarus, Moldova and Romania. In Belarus ERIKS supports interventions targeting integration and de-institutionalisation of children and youths with disabilities or in conflict with the law. In Moldova ERIKS supports projects that are focusing on adolescents’ health, education and protection for vulnerable groups of children, and in Romania the work is primarily focusing on social inclusion of Roma in the areas of education, health and protection.
B. Outline of the position
The main responsibility for managing ERIKS’ interventions in Europe lies with the Regional Office, located in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. To strengthen this work, ERIKS is now searching for a Financial Monitoring Officer (FMO) to be based in its Regional Office for Eastern Europe. The main assignment of the FMO consists of regular financial monitoring of the interventions supported by ERIKS and capacity building of the local partner organisations in terms of financial management. In addition, the FMO will manage financial systems, bookkeeping, reporting and administration at the Regional Office. The position is full-time and the FMO will be based in Cluj, together with the Regional Manager and the Programme Monitoring Officer. The FMO will have supervising responsibilities in all three countries in Europe. The FMO will take up duty as soon as possible.
C. Job description
Specific tasks and responsibilities
• Elaborate annual regional programme budget to be submitted to Head Office for approval.
• Perform organisational and project assessments.
• Follow up and support partner organisations in the financial management of projects.
• Review and give feedback on project budgets and regular financial reports.
• Make regular visits to partner organisation’s offices and field visits to project sites.
• Perform assessment of partner auditors, assist partners in elaborating terms of reference for project audits, review audit reports of the partners.
• Elaborate capacity development plans and facilitate capacity development activities for partner organisations.
• Follow up challenges and recommendations identified in organisational assessments, capacity development plans, reports, evaluations, and audits.
• Ensure that internal requirements, requirements from back donors and auditors are communicated and understood and implemented by partner organisations.
• Elaborate the annual budget for the regional office’s internal costs, elaborate periodic financial reports for the regional office.
• Manage financial systems, bookkeeping and administration at the regional office in accordance with ERIKS’ Financial and Administrative Manual.
• Handle practical issues regarding premises, water, electricity, IT services and other administrative services at the regional office.
• Participate in elaboration of applications to back donors and calls for proposal.
• Participate in elaboration of new steering documents, templates, and instructions.
2 General responsibilities
• Know and adhere to ERIKS’ values, vision and mission.
• Know and adhere to ERIKS’ Code of Conduct and ERIKS’ Child Safeguarding Policy.
• Know and contribute to ERIKS’ general objectives and strategies.
• Carry through work and assignments in line with ERIKS’ policies, guidelines and routines, with personal responsibility for the quality of the work done.
• University degree in economy, accountancy or equivalent.
• Professional experience in the field of financial management in an international agency or a national NGO.
• Well acquainted with the following computer software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, QuickBooks).
• High capacity in reading, writing and communicating in Romanian and English. Knowledge of Russian is seen as an asset.
• Ability to work independently and in a team.
• Attitude of listening, initiative and creativity.
• Interpersonal competence and ability to maintain good partnership relations.
• Capacity to work with local and national organisations, authorities and various management structures.
• Analytical skills, capacity to gather, summarise and present information in a professional and convincing way.
• Aptitude for planning, foresight and problem solving.
• Capacity to work under pressure and time limits.
The application file, consisting of detailed Curriculum Vitae and a Motivation Letter is to be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Professional references and academic documents will be required when/ if called for an interview.
For more information concerning the position and recruitment, please contact Cezar Gavriliuc, Regional Manager Eastern Europe, email@example.com.
Refer to ERIKS Development Partner website for more information about our work: www.eriksdevelopment.org